1. Seeing The Awesomeness That Is Conrad Veidt dancing in a Swedish Conga Line.
2. Some very nice B&W cinematography (as you can tell from the pictures)
3. Impressive, yet subtle burn make-up, which comes with Joan Crawford's impressive, memorable performance as disfigured woman-turned-criminal-turned-nanny.
4. Melvyn Douglas' amicable and likable performance as a gifted plastic surgen who so happens to specialize in burn victims.
5. Conrad Veidt (again). Seriously, who else could make the description of someone else as "a dove, a tame cowing dove. soft and weak and full of love for her fellow men" sound so sinister?